In June 2013 we tackled the famous GR5 or Grand Traverse des Alpes. This is the full length of the French Alps starting from Geneva in Switzerland to Nice in the South of France.
Unfortunately due to some of the very high passes still being closed during our trip we had to change our route at times.
To see how we got on check out the blog posts below:-
- Thonon les Baines – Le Grand Bornand (Col de la Colombiere)
- Le Grand Bornand – Bourg St Maurice (Col des Aravis, Col des Saises)
- Bourg St Maurice – St Jean de Maurienne (Fort du Telegraph)
- St Jean de Maurienne – Briancon (Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Lautaret)
- Briancon – Guillestre (Col d’Izord) & Col Angel – Hardcore
- Guillestre – Barcelonnette (Col du Var)
- Barcelonnette – Auron (Col de la Bonette) & The Donkey Derby Results
- Auron – Nice
Click on the image below to open the Gallery.
You can download a copy of the Grand Traverse des Alpes 2013 ebook here:-